For close to 30 years, the Waterdown District Children’s Centre/Camp Waterdown has offered high-quality programs to young children and their families. We operate full-day early learning and childcare centre for toddler and preschool children, as well as extended-day programs before and after school, and school holiday programs for kindergarten and school age children in the growing Waterdown Community.
We pride ourselves on being a leading childcare organization, committed to high quality programs that are inclusive, accessible, and promote engaged learning and healthy, mindful developmental growth.
Who are we Looking For?
We are looking for an enthusiastic Before and After School Early Childhood Educator to complement our diverse and growing team!
Our before school programs begin at 7:00 am and typically run until 9:00am. Our After-School programs begin at the after school bell around 2:30pm and run until 6:00pm. Reporting to the Program Supervisor, the Before and After School Educator will develop and implement a variety of activities, designed to stimulate all areas of development, and based on the observed interests of children.
This position will be at our one of our in-school programs and working 27.5 hours per week in a split shift capacity and will begin in the late Summer 2022.
Why work for Us?
Benefits to working for the Waterdown District Children’s Centre include:
- $25.42/hour starting wage
- 27.5 hours per week
- Working in a fun, collaborative and positive environment with top professionals, who want the best for children and families!
- A $2,000 signing bonus after 3 months!!
- New this year is a City funded program for RECEs working in Hamilton-Wentworth that will provide FREE child care for their children!!
What are we Looking For?
To be considered for this role, the right candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience working directly with children OR related experience in a childcare setting, working with school age children
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education
- We may consider those with the following Diploma: Child & Youth Worker, OCT – Teacher, Education Assistant, Social Worker, Recreation & Leisure
- Member in good standing with College of ECE’s (if applicable)
- Standard First Aid with CPR level C
- Satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Proof of up to date immunization for TB, Tetanus and MMR
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations
What will you be doing?
You will become part of an education and care team responsible for providing high-quality child care for children ages 4 to 12 years of age.
The successful candidate will:
- Establish goals, plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate experiences to enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development in accordance with Ministry of Education’s How Does Learning Happen
- Supervise children in your care at all times
- Organize indoor and outdoor play areas, space, equipment, and materials to create a warm and welcoming environment
- Conduct daily checks on each child in his/her group as per Ministry requirements, complete documentation and notify the Supervisor of any unusual circumstances
- Maintain a safe, warm, and caring environment in which a high-quality child care program can operate, and maintain professional relationships with Hamilton Wentworth District School Board faculty
- Work to provide age-appropriate developmental activities to enhance the individual and group’s cognitive, physical, social, cultural and emotional development
- Learn, follow and implement WDCC’s established child care goals and policies.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than July 29, 2022. Interviews will be the following week. Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria will be contacted further.
WDCC is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion; and recognizes that a diverse staff is essential to organizational excellence and broad representational community service. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity or for whom any necessary accommodations may by made and can confidentially self-identify at the time of application.