Crunchy Granola Pretzel Sticks
You can use fewer ingredients to get a “taste” of this recipe.
- 1 package (350 g) dark chocolate chips
- 24 Pretel rod sticks (or regular pretzels will do just fine)
- 1 cup (250 ml) granola (without raisins, we say pick those out for another recipe!)
In a non-metalic container, such as a glass measuring cup, melt chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring until smooth. Pour into one side of a large shallow dish. Roll each pretzel halfway into chocolate. For whole pretzels this may work better by “dipping” into the measuring cup of chocolate. Allow excess chocolate to drip off and then sprinkle pretzels with granola over another bowl (save the granola to re-sprinkle or use later for our second recipe). Place the dipped pretzels on waxed paper to cool and set. Store in an airtight container – IF they last that long!
Fruit & Yogurt Parfaits
- 1 cup (250 ml) sweetened apple sauce, another fruit sauce or fresh or frozen fruit
- Dash of ground nutmeg (omit if desired)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) granola (with or without raisins, but we like it with…EXTRA Raisins saved from our first recipe!)
- 1 1/3 cup (320 ml) vanilla yogurt (kefir, cottage cheese, or even ice cream will do in a pinch)
In a small bowl, combine your fruit sauce and nutmeg (if using). Spoon 1 tablespoon (15ml) of granola into each parfait glass. Layer about 1/3 cup (80 ml or 5 tbsp) yogurt, then 1/4 cup (60 ml or 4 tbsp) of fruit sauce, and then top with remaining granola. Portions can be adjusted to suit the size of your parfair cups (any glass cup will do, the fun is in seeing and eating the layers!)
(Recipes originally from TasteofHome.com)