Adapted from Jamie Oliver’s 5 Ingredients – Quick & Easy Food
- 400 g lean ground beef (any ground meat or a veg alt that sticks)
- 8 heaping teaspoons green pesto (fresh Basil will do or even lettuce!)
- 1 x 365 – 750ml can of plum tomatoes (size depends on how saucy you like them!)
- 1 x 125 g ball of mozzarella (or your favourite cheese)
- 4 soft burger buns
- A little salt, pepper and olive oil!
- Use your clean hands to scrunch the minced beef with half the pesto and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Split into 12 pieces and, with wet hands, roll into balls. Brown the balls all over in a non-stick frying pan on a high heat with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, shaking the pan regularly.
- Once the balls are golden and gnarly, pour in the tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon, along with just a quarter of a tin’s worth of water.
- Bring to the boil, slice the mozzarella and lay over the balls, pop the lid on and leave to thicken for 5 minutes on a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, warm your buns in a large dry non-stick frying pan or in the oven on a low heat.
- Split each bun and spread 1 heaped teaspoon of pesto inside. Divvy up the balls and mozzarella with a little sauce, serving the rest on the side for dunking.