Before / After School Age Care Registration (2023-2024)
REGISTRATION FOR OUR In-school Before and After Care Program for Waterdown Area schools is now open for new Wait List registrations.
- At this time all available space for our current capacity has been allocated and full for all our school locations.
- We are actively recruiting qualified child care Educators to enable expansion of our program if at all possible (as a licensed child care organization we follow defined Educator to child ratios), however we are hampered by an ongoing shortage of qualified staffing. You are welcome to register for our no-obligation Wait List, and we will only reach out to families if and when we are able to offer them a space.If you encounter a problem with your registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Please note that this form is for the 2023-2024 School Year ONLY.
Please do not email us for availabilities as these will change constantly. Please register for our Wait List online and we will contact families as soon as we can confirm additional space availability. This normally occurs once per week.
There was likely a problem on the START REGISTRATION tab to the left after hitting Submit (usually due to a Weak Password selection) – please click the START REGISTRATION tab again to see the error message. Thank you!
Should you have any other issues, such as having registered prior and it won’t let you re-register, please contact email@example.com with details and/or a screenshot of the problem.
Flamborough Centre Families
We are not able to offer an After School program at Flamborough Centre this school year due to lack of interest (we don’t normally get enough families interested to be able to start a viable Morning program, but do occasionally for an afternoon program).
POLICIES: Many of your program policy questions will be answered here, in our current Policies page. Please note however that we are currently revising our Before and After School Parent Guide.
PAYMENTS & DEPOSITS: A deposit (your first month’s fee) is required but is not paid until you are invoiced by email.
2023 – 2024 Before / After School Programs
All activities are supervised by ECE certified adult leaders with vulnerable sector checks.
For the 2023 – 2024 School Year we will only be offering 5-Day Sessions for KINDERGARTEN aged children. That is 5 Mornings Only, 5 Afternoons Only, or 5 Mornings AND Afternoons. No Part-Time schedules will be offered throughout the year.
For SCHOOL AGED CHILDREN (GR 1 – 8) we currently offer only space for 5-Day Session requests (5 Mornings Only, 5 Afternoons Only, or 5 Mornings AND Afternoons). All requests for Part-Time Schedules will go first to our Wait List but at this time we are not currently offering part-time, nor reductions to part-time schedules.
Currently enrolled families who are already enrolled for or immediately enrol in Plooto Pre-Authorized Debit, INTERAC eMail Money Transfer, or Credit Card Subscription will be billed their deposit in the first week of August 2023, or a few days after offer of placement from September on. Refunds will not be granted for deposits paid.
Additional details can be found on the first page of the online registration.
ELCC Child Care Families
Depending on whether you registered originally from our paper wait list, or online (or have children already in our B&A Program) you may not yet have a Parent Record and a Child Record (both of which are required in order to register for the program). If you DO already have online access, you can create your Parent Record (if one doesn’t exist), and Child Record (if one doesn’t exist) from links found on your Family Registration page here. Once you have a Child Record, a link to register should appear by their name.
If you don’t already have an online username, then you can create one using the mini-form below.
- Allan A. Greenleaf Elementary (at the WDCC),
- Guy B. Brown Elementary,
- Mary Hopkins Elementary,
- Not offered 2023 – 2024 school year: Flamborough Centre (Afternoons Only)
Hours of Operation:
(All extended hours are included in your fees.)
Normally this is:
- Before Care: 7am – school start
- After Care: school end – up to 6:00pm (with latest pick-up arrival at 5:55pm depending on location)
- Healthy snacks are normally given as part of the program mornings and afternoons.
Making Changes & Additions to my Before / After School Registration
You can either email us the change (make sure to mention the child’s name and program) at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR you can use the Change Request link found under each Registration in your Family Registration page.
Our Before and After School Programs are fun, active, and enriching!
JK / SK Before and After School Program Monthly Rates
|# Days per Week||Before School Only||After School Only**||Both
Before & After
|5||$ 240.00||$ 240.00||$ 254.60|
|* WDCC Only Offers 5 Day Programs for Kindergarten. Rates subject to change by the City of Hamilton CWELCC Program
** Flamborough Centre does not have a program running in 2023 – 2024 due to low interest.
Grade 1 – 8 Before and After School Program 2023-2024 School Year
|# Days per Week||Before School Only||After School Only||Both
Before & After
|5||$ 117.00||$ 175.50||$ 292.50|
|2023 – 2024 Rates are Subsidized by the City of Hamilton Child Care Affordability Grant
(currently effective to June 27, 2024)
Current subsidized daily rates for ALL families without a separate City approval (shown by month above):
|2023-2024 Original Market Rate (not currently in effect)|
|5||$ 275.00||$ 380.00||$ 487.00|
|Single Extra Days*||$ 23.00||$ 32.00||$ 41.00|
|*Part-Time Schedules and Single Extra Days are not offered except by review and consent of the Executive Director.
** Flamborough Centre does not offer a program 2023-2024 school year due to low interest.
All payments for our School Age program are currently made by Pre-Authorized Debit or Credit Card Subscription through Plooto, or by INTERAC e-Mail Money transfer. If you do not have this set up and you have been granted a space, then we will send you a deposit invoice with set-up instructions. You will billed by email in the first week of each new month in which care is given. Some families are also subsidized under contract with the City of Hamilton.
Those families currently attending our program through end of June (and already set up on Plooto) will be billed the first week of August.
Families new to WDCC / Camp Waterdown Before & After School Care: Once we have offered you a space off our Wait List, a deposit of your first month’s fee will be required to confirm your registration space.
Split billing arrangements (by custodial requirement) and split payments from different sources can be received only with prior approval. Please contact email@example.com if you have questions or concerns.
Refunds & Cancellations
Fees and deposits paid are not refundable unless we are unable to provide care, or in special circumstances to be determined by our Executive Director upon request.
A minimum of 1 FULL calendar month’s written notice is required to withdraw your child from our program or to drop sessions from your schedule (i.e you must notify us in the month preceding the last full month ahead of the change). We will not offer a Part-Time Schedule to Kindergarten children or Flamborough Centre Afternoons. We are not currently offering reduction in care to Part-Time schedules for School Age (Grades 1 – 8) children.
Due to the high demand, limited enrolment and need to secure program resources; we require our families’ full commitment upon offer of placement.
- We require a minimum of 1 full calendar month’s written notice, before the end of the last month of service to withdraw your child from our program or to drop sessions from your schedule.
- Written notice must be given to firstname.lastname@example.org. No partial month refunds or credits will be given, the whole month’s fee must be paid for a mid-month start or withdrawal.
- For example, if you gave notice to withdraw or change by email on any day in February, you will be billed for the entire months of February AND March before billing will be discontinued or changed. We will review requests for special consideration of alternative cancellation terms, solely upon our discretion, upon request.
- Cancellations due to serious medical reason (requiring hospitalization or affecting ambulatory mobility): subject to the Executive Director’s discretion. If granted, you will receive a pro-rated refund for full day(s) to be missed (after notification). An original and verifiable doctor’s letter will be required for notification. Refunds are not given for absence due to any communicable illnesses or parasites (COVID, cold, flu, chicken pox, mumps, lice, etc.), elective or scheduled medical/dental reasons.
- Credits or refunds can not be given for late arrival, early departure, illness, absences, dismissal, or program / facility closures due to emergency, weather or any other unforeseen circumstances.
- There is a $20 cash late pick-up fee due to the program supervisor for every 15 minutes after closure, collected at time of pick-up.
- NSF/returned/rejected and late payments (within 2 business days of invoice or within the first week of the month of service) are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- Any refunds authorized will be subject to a $50 administrative fee and returned within 4 weeks time.
Camp Waterdown (WDCC) reserves the right to terminate the registration of or to withdraw a child from program participation at any time, at the Program Director or Executive Director’s discretion, in the interest of the child and / or the Camp Waterdown (WDCC) program. In the case of temporary withdrawal or permanent termination of a registrant’s participation, an affected child in attendance will remain in care until safely discharged to the designated parent or guardian. In such cases, a proportional refund for only full days terminated will be considered.
Please understand that the financial obligations of Camp Waterdown / WDCC are fixed for each program and the withdrawal of a camper does not lessen our operating expenses.
Wait List Policy
Space in our programs is limited (and we adhere to Ministry guidelines for safe and effective Adult/Child ratios). We reserve the right to refund and cancel enrolments as needed if an accidental overbooking or program cancellation or capacity downsizing occurs. Enrolment preference is governed by our established priority placement protocol and is not solely based on registration date.
If the programs are full or families are new to our programs, children will be offered a spot on our Waiting List pending space availability. Wait List priority is not guaranteed as we do not take deposits for our Wait List, and we normally offer available space first to families previously enrolled in one of our programs among other priority placement protocol criteria including 5-day session requests.
CURRENTLY REGISTERED and ATTENDING Families need to LOGIN BEFORE REGISTERING from your Family Registration page
- IMPORTANT: Review the Program Information above FIRST before logging in and registering.
- Login or Create a New Membership (using the form below).
- To avoid confusion, it is important that you do not create duplicate accounts. If you have lost or forgotten your original email, then please contact email@example.com and we will make an adjustment so that you can proceed.
- Create or Review and submit a Parent Record and Child Record(s)
- Use the Before / After School Registration links on your Family Registration page (in the Child Record and Registration Tab).
Many of your questions will be answered here, on our current Policies page.