Summer Camp Program 2022
Summer Camp Waterdown 2022
We bet you’re as excited as we are about a new Summer Camp 2022 and really looking forward to seeing camp friends, old and new this summer!
We are currently taking Wait List requests, but have opened up some space for children entering Grades 1 – 8 in September. If you have not already registered, please register for our Wait List and we will review and distribute space every couple days until all space is gone.
If you are already registered, we are in the process of offering any new space to our Wait List, however an email to firstname.lastname@example.org will help us determine that you are still interested. Also, if you are already registered but want to try to add weeks, you can email or use the Change Request link on your Family Registration Page Registered Programs tab.
After this Friday, if space remains we will begin to offer it to our Wait List and / or new registrants on a “first to respond” basis.
Registration is now OPEN to the Public!
(Families with Memberships and a Family Registration Page should login and visit your Family Registration page to register.)
What will camp look like this year?
- Register for up to 8 full weeks (we do not offer single day registrations at this time).
- Our “no obligation” wait lists for remaining weeks vary in size at this time although we do not anticipate opening additional spaces and individual cancellations are anticipated to be negligible.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations this year (we will not be able to offer our usual cancellation options, so be certain of the weeks you want to book before registering).
- Location: Guy B. Brown Elementary School (Waterdown District High School is our alternative location) – please note that you must park your vehicle in the parking lot or in a legal street space, not in front of the school or the kiss and ride.
- Hours: 7:30am to 5:25pm (drop offs start at 7:30am to last drop-off by 8:55am, pickups between 4pm and 5:30pm, unless pre-arranged as doors are usually locked).
- Pricing: $225 ($180 short week) for all campers JK to Grade 8
- Groups will have 26 – 30 children (based on age make-up) and 2 leaders per room (which is our regulated and licensed maximum). Children are grouped by age although some planned mixed-age groups do occur.
- Daily outdoor time, fresh air and active play is emphasized
- Local walking trips are planned, and families will be notified in advance if we are able to offer additional trips.
- We are not currently planning a Youth Leadership or Volunteer Program this year. However we will post an announcement on our web site should this change.
- COVID-19 Specific health procedures and morning screening checks may be required. (Last year families could not “share” drop off and pick-up of children from different households. We are not sure if this will continue this year but will let our registrants know.)
- Our staff leaders are all adults with full police checks and first aid training, and mainly experienced educators with an ECE (Early Childhood Education) Certification.
- What to bring:
- Nut-free lunch and snacks,
- weather appropriate clothing (shirts with shoulders covered, clothes change, hat and towel for wet activities),
- indoor running shoes (no flip-flops),
- water bottle,
- a Back Pack is required for storage of children’s items as lockers may not be provided.
All of this will be repeated in your Pre-Camp Week Email Notifications.
- Only Canadian residents with up-to-date compulsory immunizations, or a certified exemption, can be accepted at our program. Children are not required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 to attend at this time, however as a responsible child care organization, we strongly encourage it for those who can.
- Payments will be accepted by PayPal (Credit or VISA Debit cards) or INTERAC eMail Money Transfer.
- Payment in FULL is required upon registration.
- No refunds will be offered for cancellations after payment this year (special circumstances can be reviewed by request).
- If a full camp week is cancelled before starting due to COVID-19 closures, full payment for the week will be refunded.
- Should a cohort group be required to remain home in isolation due to COVID-19, then we will refund full days missed.
- We can not refund for any voluntary absences or withdrawals.
- “Mixed Age” means that you would sign up for our Wait List and then we may offer children a space in a closely-aged mixed grouping (either younger or more senior to their usual age group). This normally means that Grade 1 – 2’s are offered a space in a Junior Explorer Program group, or JK/SKs are offered a space in a younger Senior Adventurers group. Although we can’t guarantee the exact age range, our experienced adult leaders ensure that all children are appropriately placed and engaged in the programming at their level, and it is a perfect placement for siblings wishing to be in the same group.
Please review our Parent Handbook and Enhanced Health Measures Policies and Procedures which form part of your agreement to attend camp. These are updated regularly without notice.
We are not able to accept “walk ins” or last minute registrations, so please register online early as space is limited.
Summer 2022 Facility Closures ALL of our facilities will be closed, due to statutory holidays or building closures: Monday August 1 (Civic Holiday)
Scroll or click back to the top of the page to see the other tabs.
Payment is required in full upon registration and in advance of attendance.
We accept payment by INTERAC Email Payment, Credit Cards and Debit by Pay Pal only. All payments will be final except as noted.
Families require alternative payment options should contact our registration team at email@example.com
Some families may be eligible for care subsidization through the City of Hamilton.
Instructions for Payments will be sent to you by email upon placement and available in your Family Registration page.
All registrations (paid or not) are tentative pending program approval by the Ministry of Education, HWDSB, and other authorities due to COVID-19 policies.
Want to make a change or cancellation?
Email us the change (make sure to mention the child’s name and program) at firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can use the Change Request link found under each Registration in your Family Registration page. Please be aware that restrictions, additional fees and refund policy may apply. Camp Staff will not normally be able to make changes for you although they should be contacted by phone for any daily absences or questions or information sharing needed that may affect your child’s well-being at camp. Camp Staff will report on your child’s day when asked by phone or upon pickup.
- Should a Full Program Week be cancelled in advance due to a requirement by the Minister of Education, the Hamilton-Wentworth School Board or Hamilton Public Health, then we will refund your paid fee for that week in full.
- Should you be required to be excluded from camp for any reason by Hamilton Public Health, or because you have been excluded at screening, then we will refund any full days missed IF there is a child care reimbursement program in place from the City of Hamilton.The current program is scheduled to end March 31, 2022 unless extended.
- You must pay the balance of your fee within 2 business days of registration, addition, or after offer of placement from our Wait List.
- No refunds are offered for voluntary cancellation of your registration unless approved by the Executive Director of the program for limited reasons.
- No discount or refund is given for partial week attendance.
- Credits or refunds are not given for late cancellations, late arrival, early departure, illness, absences, dismissal, or program / facility closures due to emergency, weather.
- Credits or refunds are not given for absence due to any personal occurrence of communicable illnesses or parasites (cold, flu, chicken pox, mumps, lice, etc.), elective or scheduled medical/dental reasons, except as may be applicable for COVID-19 related absences.
- Cancellations due to serious and unexpected emergency medical reason (requiring hospitalization or affecting ambulatory mobility and ability to participate) for all programs are subject to the Executive Director’s approval and receipt of an original and verifiable doctor’s letter.
- Insufficient Funds Returns are subject to a $50 administrative fee.
- Any refunds granted will be returned within 4 weeks time.
Please understand that the financial obligations of Camp Waterdown / WDCC (a registered charity and not-for-profit organization, are fixed for each program and the withdrawal of a camper does not lessen our operating expenses.
Camp Waterdown (WDCC) reserves the right to terminate the registration of or to withdraw a child from program participation at any time, at the Program Director or Executive Director’s discretion, in the interest of the child and / or the Camp Waterdown (WDCC) program. In the case of temporary withdrawal or permanent termination of a registrant’s participation, an affected child in attendance will remain in care until safely discharged to the designated parent or guardian. In such cases, a proportional refund for full days terminated will be considered.
Wait List Policy
Space in our programs is limited (and we adhere to Ministry guidelines for safe and effective Adult/Child ratios, as well as any restrictions imposed by COVID-19 guidance). We reserve the right to refund wait list or cancel enrolments if an accidental overbooking or program cancellation occurs.
Wait List priority is not guaranteed as we do not take deposits until space if offered for acceptance. Our Wait List is reviewed using our existing Priority Placement Protocol (that favours existing client families) among other considerations, as well as any optional considerations provided by the Ministry of Education or Hamilton Public Health. We will only contact you when we are able to offer you a space but that can occur right up to the Friday before the start of the Camp Week in some cases.
Prior Camp Waterdown Registrants / Members
You will be familiar with our system from past program enrolments, and all are started from the Child Records & Program Registration Tab in your Family Registration page.
Your prior registration information from the past year is held in our system to make registration for multiple programs easier but must be reviewed annually and you may receive a warning asking you to do so before completing your registration.
Our process is a little different than a standard Online Cart system as we collect the entire registration and safety information in a series of three steps.
The registration process consists of these steps:
- Login or Create a New Membership (using the last Tab on this page).
- Create or Review and submit a Parent Record and then add Child Record(s) from your Family Registration page
- Use the Program Registration links that will appear next to your child’s name in your Family Registration page.
If you have any questions email email@example.comPlease add firstname.lastname@example.org to your Contacts / Address Book so that your confirmation emails don’t get flagged as junk. Our registration forms also allow a “Save and Continue” link function so that you can save your place while you look for information or answers.)
Start Your Online Registration
Use this form to begin your registration if you do not already have a Parent Record and Child Record in a Family Registration page (this would normally be WDCC Pre-School Graduating Families who DO NOT have older children in one of our School Age programs). If confused or stuck, please email email@example.com for further guidance.