The HWDSB made an official announcement at midnight on January 27th that the strikes Thursday Feb 6th and 7th in Hamilton Elementary schools will close school, but that we will be able to operate our program. That is, unless the province and ETFO union settle before then.
Unfortunately at this time we are sold out of space, but taking Wait List registrations from WDCC & Camp Waterdown Registered Families only.
So if you HAVE registered for additional strike days (after this Friday’s January 31st program), and would like to Opt-Out (which cancels all future reservations to give priority to families on our Wait List) you have until midnight tonight, otherwise we need to consider your registration for both days as confirmed and non-refundable.
Please remember that if you cancel (as opposed to calling in absent) then we will not charge you (if before the 24 hour limit has expired), but you will lose your place in line for registration for additional strike dates where we can provide care in the future and must join the Wait List cue.
If you would like to confirm your registration, you can view it in your Family Registration page. Please understand that with the urgency of the situation (and over 200 children registered in our programs), we are being inundated with email requests for confirmations right now.
More information from HWDSB: https://www.hwdsb.on.ca/about/media/alert/?Emergency=170352
A pre-day instruction eBlast is being prepared for registered families and will be sent out late this afternoon.
Thank you for your patience