Camp Waterdown and WDCC families,
Valuable Virtual Visits with activities for our Toddler, Pre-School and Before & After School children and families continues on our Zoom channels this week. You will be individually invited by email to the appropriate sessions for your children. After Zoom meetings begin, we will breakout into smaller groups for age appropriate activities. A friendly reminder: all activities that are being run by our staff are appropriate for all ages.
Our emails will also contain materials lists and resources for each session.
(Also, some children enjoy just watching, even if they aren’t able to participate in a particular craft or activity).
|Erin, Katie, Beata, Jessica, Barbara, Kate, Olivia and Dana||Toddler & Preschool||9:15-10:15|
|Brittany, Cheryl, Jessica, Jordan, Kaitlyn, Kellie, Nathan, Ryan, Sam and Shameran||JK/SK & Grades 1+
Please see this week’s activities below.
Links to our Zoom Sessions are provided in emails to our parents, and will appear here if you are logged in as a Registered Family.
Toddler & Preschool
9:15 – 10:15 am Toddlers & Preschool with Erin, Katie, Beata, Jessica, Barbara, Kate, Olivia and Dana
Monday – A Bugs Life! –Challenge Time! Go outside this weekend and see what bugs you can find!
Tuesday – Sensational Science! – You are welcome to participate with us, or just watch the magic of science happen!
Wednesday – Creative Art Day!
Thursday – Free flow Thursday! – Party Day! Games, zoom around the room, directive drawing and more!
JK / SK Grade 1+
10:30 – 12:00 pm with Brittany, Cheryl, Jessica, Jordan, Kaitlyn, Kellie, Nathan, Ryan, Sam and Shameran
Monday – Best Friends Day: Today is National Best Friends Day! Let’s start our week off with showing the love we have for our best friends!
Tuesday – Science Day: Calling all scientists! Let’s experiment with things around our home!
Wednesday – Camping Day: Join us in your forts for stories, creation, and smore fun!
Thursday – Drive In!: Come dressed in your favourite pajamas and create a yummy snack with us to enjoy while watching a short movie!
Links given for this week’s sessions should remain the same for the entire week. If you have not received an email invite, first look in your eMail Junk or Spam folder, and if nothing, email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an invite.
Hints for Joining & Privacy
- We ask that you do not share these meeting links, even with the best of intentions, we want to make our meetings a safe place for our registered families.
- You will be asked once to install a Zoom App, it is safe to do so (you may also be presented an optional link to join us through a web browser, but it has fewer features).
- If you arrive early you can just leave up the window that says we haven’t started yet and it will automatically join you when we start.
- You may be started with your Audio Feed “Muted” (or turned off) so you will only hear our presenter, but we do give opportunities for the children to respond to us.
- You should start with the “Speaker View” by default which will show our Staff large on your screen and other participants in smaller screens (until they are unmuted).
- Your screen name should be your child(ren)’s name(s) and your camera should be on for identification purposes. You can change your name by clicking on it. For privacy, you can turn your camera off once you have been admitted to the session, however it is much less interactive without it and presenters may ask you to turn your camera on.
- You may need to play around with your speaker volume, as some presentations may have music or noise in the background. Ideally you should not have music playing in the background.
- We record our sessions for internal use and would not use clips publicly (that feature children’s faces) without parents / guardians permission.