Seeking Before & After Care Staff
for Fall 2017!
Deadline: Friday August 4th, 2017
Position: Before & After School PT (25-30 hrs/wk)- 3 to 5 Positions
Starting Wage: $20.16 per/hour
How to Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterdown District Children’s Centre is seeking mature qualified educators for our Before & After Care Program.
- Enthusiastic, good sense of humour, patience, and self-control
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision
- A minimum 1 year working with children in camp, school, or related setting
- Must be 18 years or older
- Standard First Aid with CPR
- Current Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Preference will be given to individuals with education in the following: early childhood education, child youth studies, rec and leisure, or related field
- Provides a physically safe and emotionally supportive environment showing sensitivity to the individual needs of children in all aspects of development.
- Ensures the philosophy of the program is upheld
- Implement and lead pre-programmed activities including leading recreation, arts and crafts, healthy living activities and field trips
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy environment for children, themselves and other staff.
- Provide positive social experiences including sharing, co-operation, respect for others and self-sufficiency.