Waterdown Before and After School Care
We’re a Ministry of Education licensed and inspected child care provider and approved in-school extended day program provider for the Hamilton Wentworth School District School Board.
Our before and after school care programs are modified by involving the children in planning / subject interest choices and facilitated / supervised by trained ECE educators. Students have a voice in the activities they wish to engage and projects they want to do. Our child emergent program gives students a chance to be heard and expand on their interest by the help of our trained and qualified staff. Not only is our program engaging, it provides both indoor and outdoor physical activity, and a chance to unwind after a long day of learning. We also can provide a modified program for children with special needs (please consult with us in advance to ensure the program will be right for your child’s particular needs).
Come and let your child’s imagination and abilities bloom in our program.
NEW School Year: SEPTEMBER 2024 – JUNE 2025 Before / After School Program
Our 2024/2025 Before & After School Wait List Registration has not launched yet. An announcement for our 2024/2025 Before & After School registration opening for currently enrolled families will be emailed and shown on your Family Registration page. Normally our registration opens in March, but we are hoping for an earlier release this year. NEW families will be able to register for the Wait List at that time. Please watch the web site for announcements as we are not always able to send out email announcements to NEW families before our programs fill.
Current School Year: SEPTEMBER 2023 – JUNE 2024 Before / After School Program
Our Before & After School Wait List Registration Form is available here:
CLICK TO BEGIN 2023-2024 REGISTRATION
IMPORTANT: Registration is not automatic and must be completed each year before a student may attend. Families of the prior year registrants are normally given priority if registered within 4 weeks of the opening of registration. New family registrants will normally be added to our Wait List and we apply our established priority care protocol to offer remaining spaces.
We typically have some openings come throughout the year and will only contact families once a placement is possible to offer. You are always free to withdraw from our Wait List should you find placement elsewhere before space becomes available.
Flamborough Centre: This year we were unable to offer a new After School Program out of Flamborough Centre. A certain threshold of interested families must register each year for us to be able to operate the program.
Where are we?
- Guy B Brown Elementary School Contact: 905-902-1261
- Mary Hopkins Elementary School Contact: 905-902-1236
- Allan A Greenleaf (WDHS) Contact: 905-902-1241
Bell times vary by school, but our Before School Program opens at 7am, and our After School Program closes at 6:00pm (with parents arriving by 5:55pm at latest).
2023 Program Rates
JK / SK Before and After School Program Monthly Rates
|# Days per Week
|Before School Only
|After School Only**
Before & After
|* WDCC Only Offers 5 Day Programs for Kindergarten. Rates subject to change by the City of Hamilton CWELCC Program
** Flamborough Centre does not have a program running in 2023 – 2024 due to low interest.
Grade 1 – 8 Before and After School Program 2023-2024 School Year
|# Days per Week
|Before School Only
|After School Only
Before & After
|2023 – 2024 Rates are Subsidized by the City of Hamilton Child Care Affordability Grant
(currently effective to June 27, 2024)
Current subsidized daily rates for ALL families without a separate City approval (shown by month above):
|2023-2024 Original Market Rate (not currently in effect)
|Single Extra Days*
|*Part-Time Schedules and Single Extra Days are not offered except by review and consent of the Executive Director.
** Flamborough Centre does not offer a program 2023-2024 school year due to low interest.
School Age Program Subsidies
The City of Hamilton provides Subsidies for families that meet qualifications for financial assistance. We can provide you with more information by calling Shelley Bradaric at 905-689-5342, or visit the City of Hamilton web site for more information.
PA Days & School Holiday Care
We provide an exemplary theme-based PA Day and School Holiday Camp Program for schoolage children of JK / SK age and Grades 1 – 8. All our programs involve an educational goal, with fun activities, crafts plus outdoor activities. School Holiday care is not included in our Before & After School care packages.
March Break and Summer Theme Camp Programs
- More information about our March Break Theme Camp Program
- More information about our Summer Break Theme Camp Program
NEW for 2023-2024
Our Registration Now Prioritizes Full Time 5-Day Enrolments
Starting April 5th, ALL families registering are now first registered for our Wait List
We review applications regularly and will get back to you as soon as possible only if we have a vacancy for your prospective start date (for 5-day registrations). Currently registered and attending families (and new siblings) are given priority for registration if we still have room left.
- For Kindergarten children we are now offering only 5 Mornings and Afternoons OR 5 Mornings OR 5 Afternoons schedules in order to help improve our program value and quality.
- For School Age (GR 1 – 8) registrations we also currently prioritize 5 Mornings & Afternoons first, then 5 Afternoons only, then 5 Mornings only.
- (All other part-time or mixed-schedule registration requests will remain on the Wait List until we determine if any part-time opportunities will be offered.
- Our standard Market Rates for Kindergarten and School Age (GR 1-8) are now subsidized by two programs: CWELCC for those children under 6 years of age, and the City of Hamilton Affordability Grant for children aged 6 to 12.
- Before and After School Fees do not include participation in PA Day or other School Holiday programs, and no discount is given for months with fewer school days as this is already built into the monthly fee.
- First month fee deposits are required from all registrants to confirm your space, and are non-refundable. Currently participating families who are already Pre-Authorized for Debit (or credit card subscription) and who do not withdraw before the end of June will have their non-refundable deposit withdrawn the first week of August. All other registrants will be sent payment method information (PAD, INTERAC or Credit Card) and a deposit will be required within 5 business days of request for payment.
- If you register for our Wait List with a start date in the future, after September 5th, and if we are able to offer a space and it is not accepted, your registration will be cancelled so that you can re-register when you do require immediate placement (which may also lower your position on the Wait List).
- Children must be re-registered each year, and for each school holiday program separately. Although we provide a registration window exclusively for and prioritize placement for past families, no guarantee of space is provided.
These recent changes are necessary to strengthen our program in a changing economy, lessen administration costs, and be able to offer our families and children the very best and most consistent care and education program.
Our program is provincially licensed child care and partnered with the City of Hamilton to accept families who have arranged subsidization. Once you have been offered a space off the Wait List, you would notify your City Subsidy Worker to proceed to provide us with the approval paperwork.
We review registrations regularly and will get back to you by email only if we are able to confirm an availability. The Wait List is “no obligation” until an offer is made and a deposit paid to accept.
Changes & Withdrawals
Kindergarten children may not currently reduce their care to part-time, we only offer a 5-Day schedule.
We currently do not offer reductions to part-time (i.e. less than 5 days a week) care options for school-agers (GR 1-8) . We require notification of changes or withdrawals to be made a minimum of one full calendar month in advance of the month of the change. Withdrawals and changes can not occur mid-month, only whole month billing is accommodated.
If you would like more information about registering your child for any of these programs please email email@example.com (we do not, however take wait list requests other than by the registration form).