Summer Camp Program 2019 Registration – It’s Here!
SUMMER CAMP 2019 REGISTRATION …is OPEN!
We’ve taken extra time this year to bring you the best summer program yet!
Most weeks also include special guest visitors and special activities that will be detailed in our Calendars. Note: Some of our Field Trip Experiences are still being confirmed and are always subject to change, weather & location conditions (we plan for alternative trips).
Use the tabs below left to review Rates & Hours, Themes and Policies, and the START REGISTRATION tab at the bottom to begin your registration
- Summer Camp
- Rates & Hours
- Payment, Changes & Refund Policy
- Wait List Policy
- Registration Process
- START REGISTRATION
Summer 2019 Highlights!
- Rockin-Robotics! – 2 Full Weeks of Robot STEM and LEGO Robotics for Mavericks (Ages 9 – 13 years (program is done in groups so campers can be at any level and not need to join both weeks).
- Pirates & Dinosaurs & Whoville Whos, Oh My! – our JK/SK Program, Junior Explorers (Ages is specially designed for campers ages 44 months – 6 years with learn through play, reading, fantasy, active learning and early primary field trips. It’s both a perfect primer for those children entering Kindergarten as well as for those a bit older who still relish the comforts of smaller group experiences. What could be better than Animals, Outdoor Play, Food, Local Heros, Machines, Dr. Seuss, Dinosaurs and Sea Life! Not to mention Pirates!
- Pop Culture, Art, Dance, Drama, Sports, Engineering and Science– WOW, have we got a great, vast & varied summer planned for our Senior Adventurer’s aged 68 months to 12 years! We plan to mix experiential learning with group activities, active play, natural exploration, history, culture, and cool field trips to feed the hungry minds and growing bodies of school agers. We’ll spend time learning new skills from local guests, spend time building rockets and electronic circuits, build large scale structures & forts, get active recreation indoors, outdoors and go on some wicked field trips!
- Waterfalls, Restaurant Creation, Movie Making, Robots and more – Every year we tailor our Mavericks (Ages 9 – 13) program to the interests of pre- and early teens. Mavericks want hands on, challenges, personal development and confidence building. They love food tech and sometimes they just like to chill with great friends. We are really proud to organize one of the best and most interesting summer programs for kids in this age range.
- Leaders in Training 2019 – As our more experienced campers grow into responsible teens (Ages 14 – 17) they’re looking to practice their new skills by helping others to learn theirs. We provide pre-camp leadership skills training and a summer volunteer opportunity that earns Ontario High School Community Volunteer Hours credit while having fun and making new friends.
And, of course, EVERYBODY’S FAVOURITE:
Week 9 The Great Escape 2019* is back!
The last week of summer vacation we dedicate to exciting field trips to your favourite attractions EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK! Campers also get specially coloured NEW Camp Waterdown T-shirts to take home with them at the end of the week! *Our Week 9 The Great Escape 2019 program is only available to families who book at least one other week of camp this summer.
First time at Camp Waterdown?
Watch a video made by campers from our past years programs and visit our Summer Orientation page for more info on how camp is set up, how to get here (WDHS Entrance, Parking, etc.) and what to do on your first days!
Our Summer Camp Orientation & FAQ page may help answer them.
Many of your questions will be answered here, in our current Parent / Guardian Handbook
Otherwise please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Continue to click the Tabs to the Left to Learn more about Camp, and to begin your registration process.
Summer Program Fees
Early Birds: Balances paid before June 1st, include a 5% discount.
Instalment Payments: You may split your payments between Weeks 1 – 4 & 9, and Weeks 5 – 8 & 9 . All balances must now be paid by May 31 or within 2 days of registration thereafter in order to keep your reserved space.
Jr. Explorers 2019 rates*: $225 / wk (JK/SK)
$180 for Jul 2 & Aug 6 short weeks
$265 for Aug 26 The Great Escape! week)
JK/SK eligible children aged 44mths to 6 years / *Until June 1
Sr. Adventurers 2019 rates*: $205 / wk (GR 1 – 8)
$164 for Jul 2 & Aug 6 short weeks
$246 for Aug 26 The Great Escape! week)
Grade 1 – 7 eligible children aged 68 mths to 12.9 years / *Until June 1
Mavericks 2019 rates* $210 / wk (Age 9 – 13)
$164for Jul 2 & Aug 6 short weeks
$246 for Aug 26 The Great Escape! week
Children aged 9 – 13.9 years / *Until June 1
Leaders in Training 2019 rates: $30 / wk (Age 14 – 17)
(volunteer leadership program)
$60 for Aug 27 The Great Escape! week
This is our teen-oriented leadership program. This program is a volunteer opportunity that will allow youth to work with younger children to become positive role models and to develop leadership communication skills. Includes a camp t-shirt to take home. More information on obtaining your credits and applicable forms is available on the HWDSB web site. Please remember to bring your completed official volunteer hours form to the last day of camp for signing by our Camp Director.
Single Day Passes 2019 rates: TBA
Single day passes are sometimes made available within about 2 weeks of each Summer Week’s start if the program capacity has not sold out. We do not allow families to change full week registrations for single day passes. We do allow families to register for Single Day Passes and remain on our Wait List for a Full Week spot should circumstances allow it.
IMPORTANT: There is no Wait List and no individual notifications for Summer Single Day Passes. They will be announced on our Home Page, and usually on our Facebook and Twitter feeds. If available, they are obtained on a “first come, first served” basis, must be paid by instant payment method (INTERAC of Credit Card/PayPal) and are non-refundable.
LOCATION & HOURS
Camp Hours of Operation: 7am-6pm
(All extended hours, snacks* and field trips** included in your camp fees.)
- Before Care: 7 – 9am (includes a Healthy snack)
- Core Program Activities: 9 – 4pm
- After Care: 4 – 6pm (includes a Healthy snack)
Location: Waterdown District High School (specially prepared classrooms for each age group, personal lockers) – 215 Parkside Drive (Student Parking Lot Entrance), Waterdown, ON (Map it!)
What to back: Peanut-free lunch***, weather appropriate clothing (clothes change and towel for wet activities), indoor running shoes, water bottle
**Where field trips are included, please check the program calendars. Field trips are subject to weather, and other circumstances although we usually plan alternatives, and may be changed or cancelled without prior notification.
FAQs: Our fees include all field trip expenses. Children are not to bring spending money on trips as there is no opportunity given to spend it. All activities are supervised by adult leaders with vulnerable sector checks and at no time can Junior Camp Counsellors be left unsupervised with our younger campers. Parents may volunteer to accompany our field trips, however they must provide a valid Police Volunteer Vulnerable Sector Check and pay for own admission plus a $5 bus cost fee.
We work hard to give your children a unique and enriching Summer Experience that is fun, socially rewarding and educational!
We accept payment in advance by Cheque, INTERAC Email Payment, Credit Cards and Debit by Pay Pal only. We no longer accept Cash payments and we do not accept payments at the Summer Camp upon morning arrival.
Some families may be eligible for care subsidization through the City of Hamilton.
- Payment for Weeks 1 – 4 + 9 (or 5 – 8 + 9, if no other weeks are booked) are due at time of enrolment or within 2 business days.
- Your Balance Payment is due by May 31 at 5pm (unpaid balances are subject to a 5% price increase and your reservation may be cancelled to accommodate our Wait List).
After May 31, prices for our camp week registrations will increase by 5%.
Instructions for Payments are included in the online form, emailed to you and are available in your Family Registration page.
If you require other payment options, please contact Wayne Powell at email@example.com before registering.
Making changes is easy.
You can re-use the same registration form to sign up for another week. Much of the form will be pre-filled for you, EXCEPT what weeks you have already registered for. Be careful not to “double book” the same weeks as you will then be charged twice. You may check your registration in your Family Registration page.
Want to make a change or cancellation?
You can either email us the change (make sure to mention the child’s name and program) at firstname.lastname@example.org OR you can use the Change Request link found under each Registration in your Family Registration page. Please be aware that restrictions, additional fees and refund policy may apply.
No refunds for cancellations will be given for Summer Camp Fees within 15 days of the Program Week start.
A 50% refund is given for cancellations within 30 days of the Program Week start date. A full 100% refund is given for cancellations 31 or more days before a Program Week start day.
Due to the high demand, limited enrolment and need to secure program resources; we require our families’ full commitment upon registration. Credits or refunds are not given for illness, absences or program / facility closures due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Wait List Policy
Space in our programs is limited (and we adhere to Ministry guidelines for safe and effective Adult/Child ratios). We reserve the right to refund and cancel enrolments as need if an accidental overbooking or program cancellation occurs.
If the programs do fill, parents will be offered a spot on our Waiting List for full weeks in case we receive enough interest to warrant opening another group or openings occur due to cancellations. Wait List priority is not guaranteed as we do not take deposits, and we normally offer available space first to families previously enrolled in one of our full time programs.
We do not take Wait Lists or Notification lists for Single Day Passes.
Our process is a little different than a standard Online Cart system as we collect the entire registration and safety information in a series of one to three steps.
The registration process consists of these steps:
- Login or Create a New Membership (using the form at the very bottom of this tab).
- Create or Review and submit a Parent Record and then add Child Record(s) from your Family Registration page
- Use the Program Registration links that will appear under your child’s name in your Family Registration page.
- If you want to make changes, submit a Change Request from the links in your Family Registration page (best way) or email email@example.com
Our registration forms also allow a “Save and Continue” link function so that you can save your place while you look for information or answers.)
Credit Card payments will be processed through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account). You will be given instructions on the form and in an automated confirmation email for submitting other types of payments.
Please add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your Contacts / Address Book so that your confirmation emails don’t get flagged as “junk.”
You may return to your Family Registration page at any time to review your registration or to check on its status.
Prior Camp Waterdown Registrants / Members
Your prior registration information from the past year is held in our system to make registration for multiple programs easier.
For Safety, we DO require that you review both your Parent Record information and your Child’s Record information at least once a year.
LOGIN or CREATE LOGIN TO REGISTER
- IMPORTANT: Review the Program Information tabs (to the left) FIRST before logging in and registering.
- Login or Create a New Membership (using the form below).
- To avoid confusion, it is important that you do not create duplicate accounts. If you have lost or forgotten your original email address, then please contact email@example.com with both your old email address and your new one, and we will make an adjustment so that you can proceed.
- Create or Review and submit a Parent Record and Child Record(s)
- Use the Program Registration links on your Family Registration page (in the Child Record and Registration Tab).