Summer Camp Program
Summer Camp 2018 (July 3 to August 31)
Registration is now closed for the season!
Thank you everyone for a great summer.
Our Summer Camp FAQ page may help answer them. Otherwise please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Summer Camp Registration is now closed to new participants.
Summer 2018 Highlights!
- Fiesta Fridays! – Friday afternoon “family” activities for parents, guardians, care-givers and siblings: art presentations, zumba class, family bbq …. A chance to see your children’s work, talk to counsellors, play, meet neighbours and more!
- En français, s’il vous plaît! – a one week pilot program for Primary Grades 1 & 2 students entering or in the first years of French Immersion lead by our wonderful bilingual (Ontario Certified Teacher) French Camp Leader. Modified program: now daily french sessions mixed with integrated activities.
- Robo-Coding 101 – a special STEM adventure for our Maverick campers (ages 9 – 13) in the world of robotics and basic software coding plus lots of games, fun and active play.
- Cinema Stars – a multi-media adventure focusing on movie creation, animation, creative writing, drama and media reporting. Active outdoor games and daily physical activity always play a part in all our programs.
- New exciting field trips – Wildhagen, Safari Niagara, Second City for Kids, Reptilia and more!
And, of course, EVERYBODY’S FAVOURITE:
Week 9 The Great Escape 2018 is back!
The last week of summer vacation we dedicate to exciting field trips to your favourite attractions EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK! Campers also get specially coloured NEW Camp Waterdown T-shirts to take home with them at the end of the week! *Our Week 9 The Great Escape 2018 program is only available to families who book at least one other week of camp this summer.Click Here for Camp Theme Week Descriptions & Calendars
First time at Camp Waterdown?
Watch our video from our past years and visit our orientation page for more info on how camp is set up, how to get here (WDHS Entrance, Parking, etc.) and what to do on your first days!
Summer Program Fees
Early Birds: Before June 15th, paid balances for all weeks are discounted by 5%.
Jr. Explorers 2018 rates: was $231 / wk (JK/SK)
$184.80 for Jul 3 & Aug 7 short weeks
$273 for Aug 27 The Great Escape! week)
JK/SK eligible children aged 44mths to 6.5 years
Sr. Adventurers 2018 rates: $210 / wk (GR 1 – 8)
$168 for Jul 3 & Aug 7 short weeks
$252 for Aug 27 The Great Escape! week)
Grade 1 – 7 eligible children aged 68 mths to 12.9 years
Mavericks 2018 rates $210 / wk (Age 9 – 13)
$168 for Jul 3 & Aug 7 short weeks
$252 for Aug 27 The Great Escape! week
Children aged 9 – 13.9 years
Leaders in Training 2018 rates: $31.50 / wk (Age 14 – 17)
(volunteer leadership program)
$57.75 for Aug 28 The Great Escape! week
This is our teen-oriented leadership program. This program is a volunteer opportunity that will allow youth to work with younger children to become positive role models and to develop leadership communication skills. Includes a camp t-shirt to take home. More information on obtaining your credits and applicable forms is available on the HWDSB web site.
Camp Hours of Operation: 7am-6pm
(All extended hours, snacks* and field trips** included in your camp fees.)
- Before Care: 7 – 9am (includes a Healthy snack)
- Core Program Activities: 9 – 4pm
- After Care: 4 – 6pm (includes a Healthy snack)
Location: Waterdown District High School (specially prepared classrooms) – 215 Parkside Drive, Waterdown, ON (Map it!)
What to back: Peanut-free lunch***, weather appropriate clothing (clothes change and towel for wet activities), indoor running shoes, water bottleNote: *snacks are provided during Before and After Care.
**Where field trips are included, please check the program calendars. Field trips are subject to weather, and may be changed or cancelled without prior notification.
FAQs: Our fees include all field trip expenses. Children are not to bring spending money on trips as there is no opportunity given to spend it. All activities are supervised by adult leaders with vulnerable sector checks and at no time can Junior Camp Counsellors be left unsupervised with our younger campers.
Like every year we work hard to give your children a unique and enriching Summer Experience that is fun, socially rewarding and educational!
We accept Cheque, INTERAC Email Payment, Credit Cards and Debit by Pay Pal only. We can no longer accept Cash payments.
Some families may be eligible for care subsidization through the City of Hamilton.
- Payment for Weeks 1 – 5 (or 6 -9 if no other weeks are booked) is due at time of enrolment
- Your Balance Payment is due by June 15 at 5pm
There is a $35 Administration Fee per child for registrants who are unable to “self-register online” (for reasons other than a technical fault at our end).
After June 15, 2018, prices for our camp week registrations will increase by 5%.
Instructions for Payments are included in the online form, emailed to you and are available in your Family Registration page.
If you require other payment options, please contact Shelley Bradaric, Director at directly at 905-689-5342.
Making changes is easy. They can’t be made on the original registration form.
You can either email us the change (make sure to mention the child’s name and program) at email@example.com OR you can use the Change Request link found under each Registration in your Family Registration page.
No refunds for cancellations will be given for Summer Camp Fees within 15 days of the Program Week start. A 50% refund is given for cancellations within 30 days of the Program Week start.
Due to the high demand, limited enrolment and need to secure program resources; we require our families’ full commitment upon registration. Credits or refunds are not given for illness, absences or program / facility closures due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.>> IMPORTANT Click Here for our full policy for changes and refunds <<
Registration and Wait List Policy
Space in our programs is limited (and we adhere to Ministry guidelines for safe and effective Adult/Child ratios). We reserve the right to refund and cancel enrolments as need if an accidental overbooking or program cancellation occurs.
If the programs do fill, parents will be offered a spot on our Waiting List in case we receive enough interest to warrant opening another group or openings occur due to cancellations. Wait List priority is not guaranteed as we do not take deposits, and we normally offer available space first to families previously enrolled in one of our full time programs.
Our process is a little different than a standard Online Cart system as we collect the entire registration and safety information in a series of three steps.
The registration process consists of these steps:
- Login or Create a New Membership (using the form at the very bottom of this page).
- Create or Review and submit a Parent Record and then add Child Record(s) from your Family Registration page
- Use the Program Registration links that will appear under your child’s name in your Family Registration page.
- If you want to make changes, submit a Change Request from the links in your Family Registration page (best way) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For previous program registrants:
Your prior registration information from the past year is held in our system to make registration for multiple programs easier.
For Safety, we do require that you review both your Parent Record information and your Child’s Record information at least once a year. If Program Registration links do not appear for your child(ren), our system may be requiring you to check that BOTH your Parent and Child records are reviewed and confirmed up-to-date by you.
Our registration forms also allow a “Save and Continue” link function so that you can save your place while you look for information or answers.)
Credit Card payments will be processed through PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account). You will be given instructions on the form and in an automated confirmation email for submitting other types of payments.
Please add “email@example.com” to your Contacts / Address Book so that your confirmation emails don’t get flagged as “junk.”
You may return to your Family Registration page at any time to review your registration or to check on its status.