WDCC/Camp Waterdown is currently hiring for the position of Before & After School Educators, please see below for a more detailed description of the position, as well as any qualifications and requirements.*THIS IS A SPLIT SHIFT POSITION*
Before & After School Educators
September – June
Hours of Work: Up to 27.5 hours per week, program operates before and after school.
- Plan, interact with and report to other program staff and Program Supervisors.
- Implement and lead pre-programmed activities including education, recreation, arts and crafts, healthy living activities and field trips with a group of children aged 3.5 – 12.
- Supervise and provide leadership for children to ensure a safe and caring environment that promotes positive child development.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports, documentation and daily attendance.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the program and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your children’s safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- Report to and interact with Parents / Guardians of participating youth
- Understand and implement appropriate youth behaviour consequences and restorative justice as required.
- Assist with set up and clean-up of all activities.
- Follow all public health guidelines, and our policies and procedures as it pertains to COVID-19
Preferably enrolled in post secondary education for the following programs or similar:
- Early Childhood Education
- Child and Youth Worker
- Recreation and Leisure Studies
- Social Service Worker
- Must have enthusiasm, be adaptable, dependable and possess an excellent work ethic
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Vulnerable Sector Police Check
- Previous work experience in a child care setting is an asset
- Familiarity with the Developmental Assets Framework and The Focus on 40 is required.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: hireCW@campwaterdown.com